Download the SHRM-Atlanta Bylaws
SHRM-Atlanta, the Atlanta Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management, was founded in 1965 and currently enjoys a membership of over 2,300+ members. While affiliated with SHRM National, the chapter operates independently to provide a wide variety of professional development and networking opportunities for Atlanta-area HR professionals. The chapter's diverse membership represents more than 1,300 large and small organizations in the metro area, ranges in experience from entry to executive level, and varies in practice from specialist to generalist roles. Now, the chapter celebrates its golden anniversary as Atlanta’s most active resource for advancing HR professionals, proudly serving and advancing the HR profession for 50 years!
In 2016, SHRM-Atlanta has developed goals and objectives around the vision of “Working for a Better Atlanta” by developing HR business leaders that in turn build better companies.
The focus in 2016 will be “developing HR business leaders.” SHRM-Atlanta is focused on developing HR leaders and equipping them with the tools to be better business leaders.
The SHRM-Atlanta Value Proposition
SHRM-Atlanta is about developing leaders in the field of human resources. We meet you where you are in your career – from recent graduates to senior executives and every step in between – offering certifications, connections, conferences and conversations to help you succeed in all stages of your career journey. Building Atlanta leaders is our business, one member at a time.
The SHRM-Atlanta vision is to be known as a knowledge leader for moving Metro Atlanta businesses forward by leveraging the capabilities of human resource members while partnering with the business community to create a dynamic performance environment in the following ways:
- Convene influencers to position Atlanta as a top-rated city for business. SHRM-Atlanta...Working for a Better Atlanta
- Develop the SHRM-Atlanta brand and deliver upon the SHRM-Atlanta value proposition
- Be recognized as a voice for HR in Atlanta
SHRM-Atlanta’s BOD strategic goal is to grow the skills and knowledge of HR professionals, partner in developing business leadership competencies, and lead in the development of best in class workforce and workplaces. Our desire is to support Atlanta in becoming a best-in-class city for business. SHRM-Atlanta intends to promote better HR leadership, which will lead to better business and leaders, thus resulting in a better community for business.
- Grow and retain chapter members by offering useful and interesting content for all levels of human resource professionals in a variety of locations serving metro Atlanta
- Build HR communities for the development of professional relationships and networking
- Enhance the capability and credibility of the HR profession
- Deliver excellent customer service and operate the chapter efficiently
- Support SHRM, the SHRM Foundation and the Georgia State Council, as well as promote membership, products and services
To develop the human resource professional and the awareness of human resource management best practices in the business community via chapter initiatives on:
- Developing high-performing HR professionals
- Encouraging corporate cultures that welcome opportunities to implement best practices
- Driving educational initiatives focused on building membership
- Developing HR communities of practice
- Improving skill readiness in the business community to attract and strengthen businesses in the Metro Atlanta area